Video Feed

Latest Articles

.

Pencil versus Camera by Ben Heine

by GenCept | April 29, 2010

Ben Heine is a Belgian painter, illustrator, portraitist, caricaturist and photographer. He was born in Abidjan, Ivory Coast and currently live and work in Brussels. Ben also has created a really cool series of works that called Pencil vs Camera.


I’ve been taking photos and drawing since almost 10 years. This « Pencil Vs Camera » series is nothing but the result of several years of graphic exploration and a logic consequence of my artistic evolution. But the real idea came by coincidence while I was watching television and writing a letter at the same time a few weeks ago. Reading my letter before putting it in the envelope, I saw in transparency the television behind the paper. I then realize it would be great to make something similar in a single image showing 2 different actions. - Ben Heine

For more information visit Ben's Flickr Page or his website at http://benheine.com/.

Pencil vs Camera


I took this photo in the "Palais des Beaux Arts" of Lille, France (I also made the drawing)


This is a photo I took in Lille, France. I also made the rough sketch...


This is the Atomium in Brussels, Belgium. I took this photo last Winter and edited it today


A sculpture, a photo, a drawing and friendship, all in once! :D


I took this photo in Belgium. I also drew the rough sketch. Yes I know, this one isn't really poetic, sorry. :)


This is a view of Utrecht from the Dom Tower, which is the tallest church tower in the Netherlands, at 112.5 metres (368 feet) in height. I took the photo and drew the 2 sketches (I've lived 7 months in Utrecht).


This is a view of the countryside in Braives, Belgium. I took the photo and drew the sketch (I wanted to make a very simplified composition on the paper to match the landscape).



I took this photo near Brussels (I also made the sketch)


This is a photo I took from Montmartre's hill in Paris, France. I also made the rough sketch. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stay Connected

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter GenCept on Stumbleupon Follow us on Youtube Subscribe to ous RSS Feed