Video Feed

Latest Articles

.

The Impressive & Expressive Work from Calliopie

by GenCept | April 24, 2010

Yesterday I was browsing around deviantART and one image really got my attention... it was the Respiration Hollow Girl (first image from this selection) from Calliopie. The colors, the style, the feeling... everything about that piece got me in a way that is hard to explain, let's say I got enchanted. For me, that hollow girl had so much to say that it was better to stay still... After I got over the contemplation process - it took me a while - I decided to get get in touch with the artist to get to know more about her to write this post.


Heather Hermann, aka Calliope at DA, is a 21 years old Costume/Character Illustrative Designer and Conceptual Artist,
Actress/Model and Professional Dancer that currently lives in Las Vegas, NV. Heather attended the Las Vegas Academy and graduated with a diploma in AP Visual Arts and Photography. She also has been a dancer for fifteen years, professionally for nine. Was a principle dancer in the Kravenko Ballet Company and a student in the Royal Academy of London Ballet, which for me is pretty impressive, since I also have a small dance background.

I can say that I enjoy Steampunk onto extreme levels along with period fashion. I'm heavily influenced by Yoshitaka Amano, Brian Froud, Erte', Vargas, Peter Max, and Tamara Lempeckia.

I have to say that her work is really impressive & expressive. The colors, the style, the lines... every piece manages to speak to you, everything causes a great impression and you just want to admire the images. I really recommend you to check out more about her and her work at her DA profile or at her artworkfolio.

I hope you enjoy the images as much as I did!! :)

Impressive Work from Calliopie

Impressive Work from Calliopie

Impressive Work from Calliopie

Impressive Work from Calliopie

Impressive Work from Calliopie

Impressive Work from Calliopie

Impressive Work from Calliopie

Impressive Work from Calliopie

Impressive Work from Calliopie

Impressive Work from Calliopie

Impressive Work from Calliopie

Impressive Work from Calliopie

Impressive Work from Calliopie

Impressive Work from Calliopie

Impressive Work from Calliopie

Impressive Work from Calliopie

Impressive Work from Calliopie

Impressive Work from Calliopie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stay Connected

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter GenCept on Stumbleupon Follow us on Youtube Subscribe to ous RSS Feed