Video Feed

Latest Articles

.

Amazing Drawings from Cataclysm-X

by GisMullr | October 05, 2009

Nicolien Beerens, aka Cataclysm-X on deviantART, is a 21 years old self-taught artist from Netherlands. She likes all sort of arts: traditional art, digital art, poetry and writing! I found Nicolien's work at deviantART (while searching for some House Md. artworks) and loved it. Her drawings are amazing... full of details, personality, beautiful lines and realism. I liked them so much that I got in touch with Nicolien to know more about her and her work. So here is a small bio and some images for you guys.

My name is Nicolien, a self-taught artist who was born in 1987 and raised in the Netherlands. Ever since I was young I like to create things. Although I've tried several styles of art, portraits have always been my favorite subjects to draw. Lately I absolutely love to portray the human face and forms with pencils only and capture that person's spirit on paper. It's amazing how much you can learn about someone by drawing and observing their facial features.
In 2004 I joined DeviantArt where I learned -and still learn- a lot of new techniques to improve my pencil skills. The more experienced I became, the more techniques I developed myself. People got really interested in how I drew certain features of the human face, and so I started to write tutorials about how to draw and help anyone out who likes to get some help with drawing.
One thing I've learned through the years is that you can achieve anything if you truly believe in yourself and enjoy doing the things that you love to do without hurting anyone else. (: I am grateful for being able to make people smile by showing the things I create.


I hope you enjoy her drawings as much as I did! And don't forget to check out her deviantART profile and her exto gallery for further images and details about each artwork! Enjoy. :)

































<< Back
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stay Connected

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter GenCept on Stumbleupon Follow us on Youtube Subscribe to ous RSS Feed