Video Feed

Latest Articles

.

Beautiful Macro Photography by Brian Valentine

by paul0v2 | Sep 16, 2009

Brian Valentine started taking macro shots as a hobby and today his passion takes him everyday on a trip to his own yard with his camera to discover more about the little things the world has to offer. The macro shots taken by him are absolutely beautiful and very interesting as you get to see all the small details of everything that goes in front of his lens.



What macro photography means to you?
Macro photography is a fascinating hobby for me, it allows me to explore a relatively unknown world full of fascination.

How did you start taking macro photography?
I started macro photography when i bought my first DSLR early 2005 along with a semi macro lens- this fired my interest and I soon bought my first "real" macro lens- a sigma 105mm Ex.

What are tools do you use to capture the perfect macro shot?
I use canon dslr bodies with either a sigma 105mm EX lens or a canon MPE-65 (high power macro lens), I often use flash. I tend to hunt for subjects so a tripod is not really an option so i hand hold the cmaera often with the aid of a bean pole for stabilization. I( also use focus stacking to increase the DOF of photographs.

What you like the most about your photos?
I like capturing the fine detail of subjects.

For more from Brian make sure to visit his flickr.









































<< Back
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stay Connected

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter GenCept on Stumbleupon Follow us on Youtube Subscribe to ous RSS Feed